Mar 19, 2015
The mission of the Center for Indigenous Knowledge Systems (CEFIKS) is to examine, preserve, adapt and utilize the local knowledge of various communities and people in Ghana and the West African region.
The strategy for accomplishing this mission includes, but not limited to
1. Research CEFIKS will:
* act as a clearinghouse for collecting, compiling, documenting and disseminating information regarding indigenous knowledge on agriculture, natural resources management, food systems, traditional medicine and health systems, and arts and crafts;
* conduct inter-disciplinary research on indigenous knowledge systems and the transfer of indigenous knowledge systems, and initiate a long term effort to promote the exchange of such knowledge within Ghana and with the outside world;
* facilitate collaboration between researchers and practitioners of indigenous knowledge systems. establish district and regional indigenous knowledge centers within Ghana;
2. Education CEFIKS will:
* popularize and spread the use of indigenous knowledge through print and electronic publications, seminars, workshops, and conferences;
* share the results of its research to interested individuals and organizations.